Here are a few tips that will help prepare you for your newborn baby’s photo session:
- The best time for newborn photography is when your baby is 6-14 days old.
- Keep your baby’s schedule in mind when booking your session. Most newborn photos are taken when the baby is sleeping.
- On the day of your photo shoot, keep your day simple and relaxed.
- Keep your baby in loose fitting clothing to avoid red marks on the skin. Remove booties 15 prior to session.
- Keep clothing to a minimum. A diaper or just a favorite blanket around the baby often works best.
- Have extra diapers and towels on hand. You’ll need them!
- Newborn babies are unpredictable. Your session most likely will run more than an hour.